Youth Oasis is looking for Youth Care Workers. Please see job description below. Come be a part of out team!!!
Youth Oasis, a nonprofit residential shelter for youth ages 10-17 years of age is currently looking for dedicated youth care workers to provide direct care to at risk youths in a residential setting. This position requires:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Some financial responsibility
• Continuous staff training
• Being open to constructive criticism from supervisors
• Record keeping.
The preliminary requirements for hiring are:
• A valid driver’s license
• Proof of insurance
• TB screening and health screening
• Successful completion of a criminal record check.
• At least a high school diploma or GED, but we would also like to hear from college students and recent graduates.
Currently, we are seeking candidates that can overnight shifts (12am-8am), however flexibility in scheduling is imperative, as we are a 24 hour facility and there may be a need at times for Youth Care Workers to work other shifts. Weekends and holidays are a requirement. We’re currently seeking to hire part time employees.
An ideal candidate for the position will possess a combination of the following characteristics and abilities:
• Assessment of the severity of individual client’s situations
• Identification of maintenance problems throughout the facility and the agency vehicle
• Assessment of youths’ treatment needs
• Patience/tolerance when working with youth
• Ability to supervise youth in a residential setting
• Flexibility with scheduling
• Consistency with the level of commitment to each youth
• Fairness in decision making
• Have an interest in activities that advocate for the homeless
• Working well with others
• Exercising good judgment and decision making skills
Despite experience, population specific training, provided by the center, will be a requirement. For information, please email your resume to our Program Manager, Jacqueline Jefferson . NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED. If your resume is a match for our hiring needs, you will be contacted by a member of our management team to schedule an interview.