As of January 1, 2013, Youth Oasis is one of only two emergency Children’s Shelters left in the state of Louisiana that houses children in the custody of the Louisiana Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS). The statistics below represent runaway youth, homeless youth and children in state custody
What services does Youth Oasis provide?
- The Basic Center is an Emergency Shelter for male and female youth ages 10-17.
- Diversity House is a LGBT focused transitional living program for at-risk youth ages 16-21.
- Youth Oasis also leads the community wide Safe Spot program.
A look at the Numbers at our Basic Center in 2015
- 3,500 total bed nights
- 97 youth served by the Children’s Shelter
- 28 youth reunited with their parents/guardians
- Over 9,000 meals served