As of January 1, 2013, Youth Oasis is one of only two emergency Children’s Shelters left in the state of Louisiana that houses children in the custody of the Louisiana Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS). The statistics below represent runaway youth, homeless youth and children in state custody
What services does Youth Oasis provide?
- The Basic Center is an Emergency Shelter for male and female youth ages 10-17.
- The YARC is a Young Adult Residential Complex for male and female youth ages 18-25.
- Youth Oasis also leads the community wide Safe Spot program.
A look at the Numbers in 2013
- 4105 total bed nights for both programs
- 53 youth served by the Children’s Shelter
- 17 youth reunited with their parents/guardians
- 5,395 meals served
- 24 young adults served by the YARC